Friday, June 27, 2008

"Head for the Mountains"

Holloway Mountain Part 2: Busch seems to be the beer of choice. Which makes a sort of sense, since people are drinking it in the mountains. Coors Light used to be my cheap beer of choice, but then one of my professors talked about how her brother worked in one of their factories and everyone pissed in the beer. Now, I'm sure this happens everywhere, but having definitive proof of it happening at Coors turned me off from them. Now I just don't drink cheap beer, unless someone gives it to me.

I remembered the bags this time, but forgot the gloves, which is worse. It made me picky. I left some trash. I'm not hardcore yet, so I couldn't handle the thought of picking up McDonald's bags half buried in wet sludge. I'll get hardcore. It will just take time.

I bent down to pick up what I thought was a piece of trash, then screamed, said "Holy shit," and jumped back. Here's what I almost picked up:



On a pretty note, the native rhododendrons are starting to bloom, and Holloway Mountain is slowly being framed in white and pink:



On a musical note, I'm currently obsessed with Amos Lee and a song by Hayes Carll called "She Left Me for Jesus," which I think is very funny.

No comments: