Monday, July 14, 2008

I can't think of anything witty - I ate too much ice cream to think well

So I was picking up trash on Holloway Mountain Road again today (it's a never-ending chore), and I was thinking about food. Food is very important to me. I'm obsessed. Addicted. All that stuff. I get an immense amount of pleasure from cooking and eating and drinking. I also love to cook for other people. And I'm completely baffled by people who aren't as obsessed with food as I am. There are a lot of people in this world who simple eat because they're hungry. They don't take time to savor each bite, or to create something in the kitchen. I was wondering what the correlation between litterers and people who don't appreciate food is. A lot of the trash that I've picked up has been from fast food restaurants. And it's not that I don't enjoy a Whopper on occasion (well, I really only eat fast food in airports, and I have no idea why I crave it so much there), but I'd bet that if you asked a bunch of litterbugs about their eating habits there would be some sort of statistical significance to their answers.

In non-trash related news, my life is utterly confusing right now. I'm moving by August 15th; I just don't know where. And I just read a book called "Sabbath Creek," which is exactly the kind of book I want to write: it's got baseball, coming-of-age, family relationships, a little racial tension, and surprisingly not really any sex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just so you know, i'm reading this.

Anonymous said...

I am reading this, too :)